Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog and my first recipe. Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts and I’m always looking for a different way to make it. This is a great recipe for entertaining because in about half an hour, you’ve prepared 6 fancy-looking desserts for a party!
Fancy Tiramisu Recipe
5 tablespoons instant coffee
1 cup water, room temperature
1 1/2 cups Frangelico (can substitute almond or chocolate liqueur OR 4 tablespoons almond syrup dissolved in water for non-alcoholic version)
1 cup heavy cream, cold
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
1 bar dark chocolate (can use any brand or size)
6 wine glasses
- Dissolve the coffee in the water and liqueur and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar, then vanilla, then cheese. Set this mixture aside also.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave some of the chocolate bar into a small bowl. I used about half of a 4 oz bar.
- Assemble everything in the wine glasses — first break up a ladyfinger into 4 or 5 pieces and soak them in the coffee/liqueur mixture. Spoon them out into a wine glass. Top with a layer of cream, then another layer of soaked ladyfingers, then another layer of cream. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. I used about 1 tablespoon on top of each glass.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours and serve cold.